Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Request For Wedding Contributions

construct - Review

After my emotional on the eve of the show premieres construct, I think go back to the topic. I took three approaches to the first book and I can safely attempt to measure ow substantive review.

Because of the promotional campaign I shot a very comic, I must admit that I stretched October mercilessly. Sample boards and arguments of the author during a robbery at rooting Konstruktowi Ziniolu sharpened my appetite. When you began to obsuwy term, the expectation was becoming quite unbearable. Recently I felt like more than fifteen years ago while I waited for the first issue of X-Men drawn by Jim Lee (exactly number 4 / 1994 !).
And suddenly, with 30 years on the back of the neck, I feel like I made a journey through time! And this is due to debut comic book in advance to anyone unfamiliar James Kiyuca.

first impression when I had the book in hand, corresponded to expectations. "Black Materia presents: The construct" a form of comic book issue recalls issued during the domination of the TM-SEMIC. Moreover, given long ago, because the print is especially mucky. On a good day so we'll start reading the comic book pretends to be an artifact found in the attic, released at a time when kids are intersting as the adventures of these X-Men and read on the pages flushed Club Vertigo comic book summaries unattainable. Undoubtedly, the author / publisher of the construct was also one of those kids, and brilliantly played the nostalgia (and generations of his Semica).

first reading was for me the trauma.
I was accompanied by extremely ambivalent feelings. From admiration to the embarrassment zajebistością chujowością comics. Once I thought "brilliant" and immediately afterwards, "what a grafomania! I put down the comic
mętlikiem in the head - nomen omen VERTIGO! But it was not a buzz, but rather a bad trip. In any event, after such a strong pierdolnięciu in the brain, I dropped notebook into a corner, but hung up happy to re-read. Not because I wanted Konstruktowi "give a second chance," but because the acidic phase, however, made an electrifying impression on me.

next two proceeded quietly reading. I knew then what I can expect. Now I was able to analyze dry comic and call it their own strengths, and (unfortunately) weak points.

PROS:
- Styling on the comic book and said a relic of the play on nostalgia.
- masterful narrative. Building tension and suspension of the shares are on the medal. The overall composition is excellent. In this respect the construct is probably the best comic book which I've read this year.
- Great colors, the stylized work of separation before the digital age. It is flat, sometimes with oczojebnym grille - professional job.
- dirty brutal stroke. You can see the power of the paw. However, with some reservations, which are the following:

Cons:
- CHAOS! While the composition (or "framework" comic book) is great, it's "mięcho" which frames are filled with these places was just as fresh as the famous (dead jebiące) lubelskie JeszBurgery . The drawings are for the most unbearably unreadable. While used in many scenes he does a wonderful chaos Mindfuck is sometimes lack of breath. Vertigo Comics coincidence that most are drawn to a neutral line. Even the comics to a more artistic wartwę graphics will remain the main principle - communication skills! Indeed, the author can claim that "this was the plan," but such evidence przeczącym possible translations is the same comic. Black (the color) on white - see ill execution. Well, in several scenes where the drawing rozpierdol was redundant, the artist did not back off, and he lacked the discipline. This is especially visible in scenes with Eric and the last three boards, which until asking for more contact with the reader.
drawings I like, but in all this madness at the time of ran out of consideration, "what I want to achieve?"
- comic is full of annoying spelling errors and punctuation. Such a return to tradition, however, TM-semic you do not wish.

After the first episode's hard for me to say more about the plot. So far I have the impression that the author (who is a fan of LOST) unfortunately did not do the homework, which can be drawn from its construction. Series, which tried to repeat the success of Lost and imposed on the first TAJEMINCĘ Plan (Flash Forward, Persons Unknown) already dead. Why? Because the driving force can not be just the same even the most twisted mythology. The basis of the characters: such as Sawyer, Kate and doktorek. Heroes, which support. And so far in this construct at least I care about is the fate of the characters is. And here is the dog buried.

Black Materia publishing initiative is noble. I've been a fan and I would definitely buy more books, especially as they are fun and cheap as dirt.
comic is good, and my expectations are still rising.

Zeszytówki back!
"Black Materia Presents: Construct" 1 / 10. Authors: James Kyiuc, Gośka Pomian. Publisher: Black Materia 2010 - page publisher, publishing shop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment